Saturday, October 5, 2013

STAFF BULLETIN - WEEK OF 10/7/13

Morning Greeters (8:15 to 8:25 am) – McHenry & Hewitt

Eyes on the Front (3:30 to 3:40 pm) – Bos 
Eyes on the Back (3:30 to 3:40 pm) – Hansen

Tuesday – 10/8
- New Teacher Lunch - at lunch in Matt's office. 
I'll provide lunch (with a vegi option)
- Volleyball Game 4:00-6:00pm in the Gym
- Grading Window closes at 4:00pm

Besides give grades for students’ regular classes , please make sure that you use pass or fail for tutorial and only give comments - no need to fill out anything around conduct or work habits. I think that it is good practice to give all students comments - particularly those who are under-performing. It’s also a good time to make some calls home on those students who are failing or have had a significant drop in their grades. Grades need to be in by 4:00 on Tuesday.

Wednesday – 10/9
- Volleyball Practice 2:30 to 5:45pm in the Gym
- Staff Meeting - 2:30 to 3:45 in Room
We will meet for 15 minutes and then you'll have the opportunity to work for an hour in instructional teams. Were going to focus on English and math for this Wednesday’s team meetings.

Thursday – 10/10
- Volleyball Practice 3:45 to 5:45pm in the Gym

Friday – 10/11
- Professional Development 8:45 am to 3:30pm (Co-constructing a vision for AoA)
I’ll send out an agenda (and other materials) before then as I am finalizing it this weekend. We are going to start promptly at 8:45. Coffee, fruit and pastries and bagels will be available beginning at 8:30am and lunch will be served at 12:30. I’ll announce the location later.